Today my post is a recessed window thank you card using Susan’s Garden Notes – Sunflower die ( I am loving all of Susan’s new dies they are awesome). Sunflowers are just such a happy flower that always brings a smile to my face.
The recessed window card was made using a great tutorial by Lynn Mercurio sunflower on www.splitcoaststampers.com here
1. Finished card is 5-1/4 X 5-1/4. Once card is completed you can build your sunflower onto the card center. Susan has a great video for making the sunflower on the Elizabeth Craft Designs You Tube channel here . When I did the center of the sunflower I decided I would try a little something different making it a little more rounded. I did a couple rows of petals and then I added a small mound of Yes paste (it holds it’s shape) and then added the little seed pods.
3. After the sunflower is completed I added black 3/4″ Sparkle Flourish in upper left hand corner. (Note I added a large black crystal at the ends of the flourishes)
4. Using 2 small ovals from Karen Burniston Accordion dies using the scallop die a black oval was cut and using the yellow cardstock a smaller oval was cut.
5. Starform text stickers (black) were used for the Thank You on the small oval. I have to say that I never really used stickers but these are so easy to use and look great. I added 3 small black crystals under the Thank You.
6. Attach ovals to the lower right corner of the frame using pop dots.
7. On the inside attach a square of coordinating paper over the back of the frame. Take a pc of coordinating cardstock cut a little smaller than the inside of your card and attach so there will be a place for your sentiment or a note. A 3/4″ Sparkle Flourish was placed in the upper left corner and small black crystals were placed in the lower right corner.
Hope you found this to be an inspiration to make this card. The flower can be changed out and of course different papers can change the look totally. Hope you go to Elizabeth Craft Designs to see all of Susan’s wonderful dies and all the other dies and supplies that they carry.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Susan’s Garden Notes – Sunflower #999
Susan’s Tool Set #808
Mini Molding Pad
Karen Burniston’s Oval Accordion Die #506
Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparency Double Sided Adhesive 6MM #506
Graphic 45’s French Country Collection
Close to My Heart cardstock
Close to My Heart 3/4″ Black Sparkle Flourishes
other black crystals from my stash
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive by Art Glitter
Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.