Just a quick post today. This is another open front ornament and I used Susan’s Garden Notes Poinsettia for the feature inside today. Just like my “Snowman” ornament that posted last week on Elizabeth Craft Designs blog I coated the inside of the ornament with Kids Choice Glue then sprinkled diamond dust coating the inside and dumping out the extra diamond dust.
- Place a small mound of Yes glue in the bottom center of ornament.
- wrap 2″ piece of wooden skewer with green floral tape (if you do not have the tape you could paint it green) insert into the center of the mound of glue. Let dry completely.
- Cut a poinsettia from cardstock shade and shape all leaves and then build the flower. (see Susan’s video here)
- Cut pine boughs shade and shape with your fingers.
- attach leaves and pine boughs to back of flower using a clear drying glue. Let dry
- Using clear drying glue randomly add glue to the flower, leaves and bough then sprinkle on diamond dust.
- Once the mound of glue is totally dry use clear drying glue and attach poinsettia to stick – hold in place until glue is set.
- Attach a bow around the top of the ornament.
I do hope that you will be inspired to make some of these ornaments for gifts and yourself – they truly are fun and easy to make.
Until next time – Happy Scrapping!
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Clear plastic open front ornament
Art Glitter Dries Clear Glue
Twinklets Diamond Dust