Hi Everyone – phew we missed the big snowstorm here in Maine and my heart goes out to all of you that are in the middle of it. I designed this card for my Susan Tierney-Cockburn Design Team post as well as for our granddaughter who is turning “Sweet 16” this week. The card is an A2 (4-1/4 X 5-1/2). The roses were made using Susan’s Garden Notes Rose 2 die which is from her first release at Elizabeth Craft Designs. Susan has so many great dies and I love them all but the Rose 2 is one of my very favorites. Here is how I created the card.
- Cut the rose 6 times (I like to have extra petals to fill in) from a light pink cardstock using #998 Garden Notes Rose 2 die. Add shading to the petals with PanPastels Kit 1 dark pink. To shape the roses Susan has a great tutorial here
- Using a light to medium green cardstock cut several leafy branches using ECD die #1033 . Using the #811 leaf pad and the leaf tool from #808 Susan’s garden 4 pc Tool Kit make a vein line in the center of leaves.
- Cut 1 pc light pink cardstock (white core) 4 X 5-1/4 and emboss using E114 Lots of Dots embossing folder. Sand lightly to bring white through the pink.
- Using the largest heart die from #775 Heart Pivot Card cut a dark pink heart and using the next largest heart die cut 1 heart from SS0102 White Iris Shimmer Sheetz see video here on cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Attach the 2 hearts together using clear double sided adhesive.
- Cut 1 pc dark pink cardstock 1 X 2 and 1 pc white iris Shimmer Sheetz 7/8 x 1-3/4 add your sentiment to the Shimmer Sheetz pc either by stamping (which I did) or ECD has some really nice peel off stickers. Attach the Shimmer Sheetz to the dark pink cardstock.
- Build your card by attaching pink embossed cardstock to card front using double sided clear adhesive. Attach the hearts to card front using pop dots. Arrange your roses and leafy branches to the left side of the hearts using clear drying glue. Attach your sentiment piece. Add a sentiment to the inside of the card.
White, Green, light pink and dark pink cardstock
Kids Choice Glue
This card could also be used as a Valentine or Mother’s Day card. Now it is your turn!. I do hope you have enjoyed this tutorial today.
Until next time – Happy Scrapping!