Hello everyone Happy Valentine’s Day! It certainly is cold here in Maine today it was -11 @ 6:00 AM and with the wind chill factor it was -22 and the high that we have seen so far is 8 above – YIKES.
My Post today is a Gift Box Within a Purse made from cardstock and decorated with some of Susan’s Garden Notes Cosmos. These Cosmos were really fun to make.
- The purse was made in a Close to My Heart Consultant meeting taught by Tara Clarke. Tara found the directions on Geneva Beck’s website (another Close to My Heart Consultant). The directions can be found here
2. The Cosmos were made using several shades of pink cardstock and Susan’s tutorial found here The stems were not needed for this card.
3. The #2 is chipboard that I colored with ink. Take 3 shades of pink ink and a dauber and with the lightest pink cover the entire piece. Using the medium pink go over two thirds of the piece (I go from bottom up) and with the darkest pink cover the lower third.
4. Cut 2 circles 1-3/8″ of soft finish white cardstock with clear doublesided adhesive adhered to it. Using cool diamond silk microfine glitter coat the adhesive on the circles and burnish in using your finger.
5. Attach the 2 to the circle using a clear drying glue and then attach 1 circle to the purse flap and the other to the top of the box inside the purse.
6. Using the smallest die in the new Stitched Squares set cut a pink square. Turn it on the diagonal and attach the Happy Birthday sticker and 3 pink pearls. Punch a hole in the top corner and thread ribbon through.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
I do hope that you have enjoyed this tutorial today and you are inspired to try this on your own. This can be used for any occasion just change up the pattern paper and colors. I used my card for my great great niece’s 2nd birthday.
Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs website to see all the great products that they sell.
I do hope that you have had a great Valentine’s Day.
Until next time Happy Scrapping!