Today my post is using one of Susan’s Garden Notes newest dies it is the Lavender. Along with this die Els’ Through the Lens -Stone Series paper was used. This card is a 6″ X 6″ tent fold. Susan has 7 new dies being released.
Here is how the card was created.
- Using 85# Soft Finish white Cardstock and Susan’s Garden Flower Coloring Kit 1 – Violet Tint and with a sponge color both sides of cardstock. You could also use a lavender colored cardstock.
- Cut Florets 6 times or more from violet / lavender cardstock. Cut stems from green cardstock.
- Place florets right side up on hard rubber mat (Speedball Speedy Carve used here) Using smallest ball tool from Susan’s Tool Kit cup each floret.
- Using Kid’s Choice Glue attach florets to stems.
- Using clear jar die cut lay on top of vellum and lightly trace around the bottom half of jar and cut out. Using light blue ink color both sides of vellum then cut to desired height to represent water in the jar.
- Using Kid’s Choice Glue and toothpick place glue around very edge of 2 sides and bottom of vellum (right side up) place clear jar on top of vellum lining it up – let dry.
- Wrap small piece of ribbon around neck of jar adhere with a drop of glue.
- Attach lavender to back of jar adhering with small amount of glue.
- Use Vintage Photo Distress Ink to ink all edges on 6″ X 6″ card base and the 6″ X 6″ patterned paper.
- Attach patterned paper to card front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Using Kid’s Choice Glue apply a small amount around the very edge of back side of jar. Attach jar to center of card front.
- Using white cardstock cut a tag using smallest tag in die set. Ink edges and add “Thinking of You” peel off stickers.
- Using same ribbon loop a small piece through hole in tag attach to center of ribbon on jar. Make a matching bow and attach that over the ends of loop.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies Used
6″ X 6″ white card base
1/8″ Purple Ribbon
Distress Ink – Vintage Photo
Light Blue Ink
Small piece Vellum
Jar Die Cut – Clear- ( 2-1/2″ X3-1/4″)
Speedball Speedy Carve (used as molding mat for florets)
Now that you have seen how I created the card I do hope that you are inspired to try your own. Be sure to check out not only the supplies to make this card but all the great products at Elizabeth Craft Designs
Until next time Happy Scrapping!