Hello everyone today I am posting a card that I did not actually design myself but a dear friend did and we did it in her class. I did make some changes to the front of the card as I wanted to use one of Susan’s new releases – Garden Notes – Marigold. Lots of people are doing the explosion cards right now so I was excited to try it.
Here is how it was done.
Explosion Insert: Note it is very important to crease all your folds very well so the explosion works properly.
- Cut 1 piece of white cardstock 8-1/2″ square. Stamp sentiment in center and random stamp using stamps and inks of your choice all over.
- Fold in half with stamp side out crease with bone folder. Open up and fold with stamp side in crease with bone folder.
- Mark center with pencil top & bottom .
- Fold left corner up to center mark crease well. Fold right corner up to center mark crease well. These do not have to be exact.
- Unfold and turn over repeat folding and creasing.
- Unfold left side push bottom fold up and in – inverting fold. Crease repeat on right side.
- Fold left corner to center pencil mark crease fold right corner to pencil mark unfold turn over and repeat folding and creasing.
- Open up each and invert crease (there will be 4) crease well. Your piece should look like a house.
- Adhere insert to inside of card by adding Clear Double Sided Adhesive to back of insert make sure the point of insert is at the center of card fold press down. Add Clear Double Sided Adhesive to top of insert and close card and press down to make sure that it adheres to card base. If it hangs out a little at the bottom just trim it off. Check out the video for this it really is a great video you can find it here
- Cut printed paper 4-1/4″ X 5-1/2″ attach to card front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Cut 1 piece of coordinating cardstock 4″ X 5-1/4″ adhere to card front.
- Cut 2 pieces of cardstock 1-3/4″ X 2-3/8″ (2 different colors used here). Cut 2 pieces of print paper 1-3/4″ X 2-3/8″ arrange on card front and adhere using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- The gray piece behind oval is a piece that was cut from the Cricut.
- Cut oval from white cardstock and stamp sentiment in center. Adhere using pop dots.
- Add self adhesive colored pearls around outer edge of oval.
- Make 3 marigolds using Susan’s new Garden Notes Marigold die set. Susan’s video found here.
- Adhere to upper left side of oval using a clear fast drying glue such as Kid’s Choice Glue.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Susan’s Garden Notes – Marigold
Susan’s 4 pc Tool Kit
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Kid’s Choice Glue
Self Adhesive Pearls
Stamps of your choice
Inks of your choice
Thanks for stopping by today. I do hope you will try making the explosion card it is a fun card to make. Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs for your supplies.
Until next time Happy Scrapping!
Hello my crafty friends. Today I am posting a card I made for a dear friend who lost her sister recently. My card is 6″ X 6″ top fold and uses Susan’s Garden Notes – Southern Magnolia, CountryScapes Lavender and Mini Botanicals – Clematis & Ivy along with Els Dotted Scallop Squares.
Here is how I created this card:
- Cut white Soft Finish Cardstock 6″ X 12″ score at 6″ fold on score line.
- Cut purple cardstock 5-3/4″ square.
- Using white cardstock and largest die from Els’ Dotted Scallop Squares die set cut 1 scalloped square.
- Ink all edges on all these pieces using ink color of your choice. (Vintage Photo Distress Ink used here).
- Assemble using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- For heart wreath either draw out heart shape on cardstock or if you have heart dies you can cut heart using the die. (You want it to be approximately 5″.)
- Using largest leaf die from Susan’s Garden Notes – Southern Magnolia and green cardstock cut approximately 30-40 leaves. Color and shape all leaves. See Susan’s video for this part you can find it here.
- Make 1 magnolia using same video as a guide.
- Once all leaves are shaded and shaped lay your leaves out on your heart shape keeping them all going in same direction. When satisfied with placement glue leaves on with clear drying glue.
- Attach heart wreath to card front using clear double sided adhesive.
- Using Susan’s CountryScapes Lavender die set cut 1 stem using medium green cardstock. Shade with a slightly darker ink.
- Cut florets for lavender 6-8 times from purple cardstock. Place florets face up on hard rubber mat or gum eraser and with smallest ball tool in Susan’s Tool Kit cup each floret.
- Use clear drying glue to attach florets to stems making as full as you like.
- Cut 2 bows from Shimmer Sheetz glue together off setting slightly.
- Cut 2 vines from green cardstock using Susan’s Mini Botanical Clematis & Ivy die set.
- Cut florets 5-6 times from white cardstock. Lay florets face up on hard rubber mat. Using yellow marker make yellow center in each floret and using smallest ball tool cup each. Attach florets to vine using clear drying glue.
- Lay stem of lavender on left of heart wreath attaching with clear drying glue. (Glue only in center of stems where they all come together)
- Add magnolia attaching in same manner.
- Attach bow just below magnolia onto stems and leaves.
- Cut apart clematis and glue filling in to your liking.
- Add peel off sticker (Thinking of You used here) in sentiment of your choice.
- Cut 2 easels from cardstock color of your choice (cut 1 from cardstock that has clear double sided adhesive on it). Attach one over the other and emboss with your choice of embossing folder.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
Susan’s Garden Notes – Southern Magnolia
Susan’s CountryScapes Lavender
Susan’s CountryScapes Mini Botanical Clematic & Ivy
Els’ Dotted Scallop Squares
Els’ Card Stand / Easel
Soft Finish Cardstock
Susan’s Deluxe 4 pc Tool Kit
Peel Off Stickers
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Kid’s Choice Glue
Thanks for stopping by and I do hope you will be inspired to make your version of this card. Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs for your supplies to make this card and to see all their wonderful products.
Until next time – Happy Scrapping!
Hello Everyone hope you have all enjoyed your Labor Day Weekend. Today I am posting a card that I designed for Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s Design Team at Elizabeth Craft Designs. I used several of Susan’s new CountryScape die sets and her new Stencils. Please visit Elizabeth Craft Designs for a full tutorial and all the supplies to make your own.
Thank you for visiting my blog and until next time Happy Scrapping!