Hello my crafty friends welcome to my blog. Today I am posting a birthday card I made for a friend. It was designed using Susan’s new Garden Notes Tulip 2 die set along with her Garden Notes Canning Jar and Lid.
Let’s get started.
- For card base cut off white cardstock 12″ X 5-1/2″ score at 6″ fold on score line.
- Cut peach cardstock 5-3/4″ X 5-1/4″ adhere to front of card using Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Cut patterned paper 5-1/2″ X 5″ adhere to peach cardstock using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Attach piece of lace to bottom of card using Kids Choice Glue.
- Cut 1 jar from clear plastic / mylar using Garden Notes Canning Jar die. (I save the plastic packaging from items I have purchased for this purpose) Using blue alcohol ink (Broken Glass Distress Ink used here) color back side of jar to give it appearance of water.
- Cut 5 tulips using color of your choice (peach and white used here) and Susan’s Garden Notes Tulip 2 die set. Cut several leaves and 5 caylx from green cardstock. Using markers or Susan’s Garden PanPastels Set 1 shade tulips. Using loop tool and molding mat shape tulips by pulling loop tool from tip to center. Pinch up each petal at base of petal using tweezers. Using Kids Choice Glue assemble tulips by adding glue to underside of piece with 2 petals and placing across piece with 4 petals off setting. Add green caylx to center using Kids Choice Glue. Place back on molding pad push down in center with medium ball tool. Cut stamen from black cardstock roll up spread tips out dip in Kids Choice Glue then into black pollen dip bottom into glue and set into center of tulip. Shade leaves (Crushed Olive Distress Ink used here). Lay on leaf mat using leaf tool make vein line down center then add lines on each side of this line. Pinch at base lay face down on molding mat take ball tool rub tip to roll back.
- Cut stem once from green cardstock place stems down through little opening at top of jar . Wrap 1/8″ wide matching ribbon around top and stems glue in place. Add small bow to front attach with Kids Choice Glue.
- Attach jar to left side of card front using Kids Choice Glue on very edge of jar.
- Attach tulips to tops of stems using Kids Choice Glue arranging to your liking.
- Cut ModaScrap Pair of Leaves 1 using dark green cardstock – cut 3 or 4. Lay face down on molding mat using medium ball tool rub back of leaves turn over and roll ball tool down stem. Add a little glue to stems stick down through hole arranging around tulips. Add tulip leaves to fill in.
- Cut Happy Birthday 2 from green cardstock and again from peach cardstock. Add Clear double sided Adhesive to back of green and peach cardstocks before cutting. Adhere green Happy Birthday on top of peach cardstock offsetting a little. Adhere to right side of card front.
- Add pearls across top of lace.
Cardstock – peach, green (2 shades) and colonial white
Distress Inks – Crushed Olive & Antique Linen
Marker – peach
Thank you for stopping by my blog and I do hope that you have enjoyed my post today. Be sure to go to Elizabeth Craft Designs for your supplies.
Until next time – Happy Crafting!