Hello my crafty friends!
Thank you for stopping by my blog today. Weather is getting better the sun is getting higher staying light longer yippee!
Today I am posting a card that was made for a friend. Susan’s new Garden Notes Gerbera Daisy die set was used along with Els van de Burgt Studio Stitched Squares, a couple new Moda Scrap dies and Suzanne Cannon Thinking of You die set.
Here is how the card was completed.
- Finished card base is 6″ X 6″ made by cutting white Soft Finish Cardstock 6″ X 12″ score at 6″ fold on score. At this point you can decide if you want a top fold or side fold card.
- Cut a 6″ X 6″ piece of patterned paper to front of card using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Using 2 largest dies from Els Stitched Squares make frame from white Soft Finish Cardstock. Lay smaller of 2 dies inside larger die centering – tape together with removable tape lay onto cutting machine making sure they do not shift – die cut. You will be using the frame only, save the inner square to use on another project. Center frame on front of card adhere with Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- From black cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on back cut “Thinking of You” using A way With Words Thinking of You die. Adhere to card front.
- From green cardstock cut 3 Moda Scrap Leafy Branch 4.
- Cut 2 Moda Scrap Leafy Branch 6/Wheat from dark yellow cardstock.
- Cut 3 daisies using new Garden Notes Gerbera Daisy dies in colors of your choice. Cut each size petal layer 2 or 3 times depending on fullness wanted. Daisies on this card have 3 of each layer. Using Susan’s Garden 4 pc. Tool Set and Molding Mat shape petals. Assemble using Kids Choice Glue. Add a small amount of glue around just the outer edge of daisy centers sprinkle with pollen (Pollen was used here but is optional). Cut Several leaves from medium green color cardstock. . Shade using crushed olive Distress Ink. Using tool set and Leaf Pad shape leaves.
- Arrange branches, daisies and leaves on card until satisfied. Attach to card using Kids Choice Glue.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Cardstock – 2 shades green, pink, yellow, black and mustard yellow
I do hope that you have enjoyed this tutorial today.
Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs to check out all their great products.
Until next time – Happy Crafting!