Hello and thank you for stopping by my blog today!
Here in Maine things are starting to bloom my lilac trees are getting ready to burst with color and fragrance like none other. The lilacs do not show the true color in this picture I tried taking several different pictures in different light but could not get the true color to show.
Today I am posting a card which has a bouquet of spring flowers hence the name of the card. Susan’s Garden Notes dies were used for the flowers along with her Pottery Pitcher die. The finish on the pitcher is a result of a botched cracked glass technique but I decided when all was said and done it looked like a very old pitcher and that I liked the look so I used it.
Here is how this 6 X6 tent fold card was done.
- Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 6″ X 12″ score at 6″ fold on score line. Cut patterned paper (Through the Lens – Wood used here) at 5-3/4″ square then attach to card front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- From White Soft Finish Cardstock cut 2 ModaScrap Lace Corners. Attach to bottom corners using Clear Double Sided Adhesive overlapping at the center.
- From grayish tan cardstock cut 1 Garden Notes Pottery Pitcher – ink edges. Lay face down on molding mat using large ball tool from Susan’s Garden Tool Set rub back of pitcher giving it a little shape. As I said the finish was a botched Cracked Glass Technique. You can google that technique. I believe I got mine too thick some fell off the remainder was reheated and bubbled giving this texture. Ink over all of it (Distress Vintage Photo used here).
- Make 2 Garden Notes Lilac branches. These were made using White Soft Finish Cardstock colored with lavender and dark purple Susan’s Garden PanPastels Set 1 & 2 before cutting flowers.
- Make 1 Garden Notes Daffodil
- Make 2 Garden Notes Tulip 2 in colors of your choice ( 1 white and 1 peach used here).
- Pussy willows were made by using Els van de Burgt Studio Leaf & Berry Branch and brown cardstock cutting 5-6 branches. Snip off the leaves so you basically have sticks then using Kids Choice Glue add dots of glue to top half of each stick sprinkle white Flower Soft over glue then gently press Flower Soft into glue then repeat.
- Arrange flowers to your liking then attach to back of pitcher using Kids Choice Glue (I put the stems down through the opening at top of pitcher).
- Attach pitcher to card front using Kids Choice Glue that is just on the very edge of the pitcher.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
Green, Yellow, Peach and Gray / Tan Cardstock
Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel
I truly hope that you have enjoyed this tutorial today and it has inspired you to make your own Spring Bouquet.
Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs for your supplies.
Until next time – Happy Crafting!