Hello Everyone welcome to my blog. Well fall is quickly closing in and I don’t know about you but I am not ready to let go of my flowers yet.
Today my card is a “Twisted Easel Card” featuring Susan’s Garden Notes Dahlia. This is really a fun and easy card. I belong to a scrapbooking group and our demonstrator taught us this card the other night and I could not wait to make it again. Let’s get started!
- Card base: Cut cardstock 4-1/4″ X 11″ score at 5-1/2″ fold on score line. (Note: Fold on this card is actually on the right and will seem a bit strange.) Open card up score right half of card from lower left at center score line to top outside right edge as shown in photo. If you look close you can see little x marks that are lined up in cutting channel.
Fold on score line.
Add Clear Double Sided Adhesive to lower half of fold.
2. Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 4″ X 5-1/4″ dry emboss using embossing folder of your choice (Mosaic used here). Attach to lower half of folded section centering so you have even edge all around.
3. Apply strip of Clear Double Sided Adhesive to back of cardstock wide enough to cut 2 Bead Strings 1 from (I used same cardstock card base is made from). Attach one to card front and 1 to inside of card.
4. Cut white cardstock 1″ X 3″ stamp sentiment in black. Susan’s Garden Words That Means A Lot used here. Round corners. Cut matching cardstock 1-1/4″ X 3-1/4″ round corners. Attach sentiment to colored cardstock using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
5. From white cardstock cut 1 stitched circle using next to the smallest die. Using Joset Designs General Sentiments Stamp Set stamp Hugs in black ink. Cut 1 fitted circle from colored cardstock using next to smallest die. Using Clear Double Sided Adhesive attach white circle to colored circle.
6. Cut ModaScrap Pair of Leaves twice from green cardstock and cut 3 of smallest ModaScrap Dandelion Fluff from white cardstock. Using Medium ball tool from Susan’s Garden Tool Kit lay all pieces right side down on Molding Mat rub ball tool over giving some shape.
7. Create 1 Susan’s Garden Notes Dahlia in color of your choice. Susan has stepped out how to create Dalhia on her blog. https://stierneyc.wordpress.com/
8. Arrange leaves and fluffs to your liking (do this before gluing down trust me as I am not real happy with mine). When you have them where you want attach using Kids Choice Glue. Attach Dalhia and leaves. Using dimensional tape add sentiment to right of Dahlia. Inside card add the Hugs circle using dimensional tape place to left about 3/4″ from bottom this will be your easel stop. Add a few sparkles.
I do hope that you have enjoyed my post today and make your own version of this card. Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs to see all their great supplies!
Until next time – Happy Crafting!
Hello Everyone welcome to my blog.
Today Susan’s Garden Design Team has their very first challenge. Our first challenge is to create a card / project that includes one or more of Susan’s Garden flowers. Susan Tiereny-Cockburn designs flower dies that are realistic and to scale as those flowers found in nature. Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs blog to see all the great creations our design team has created.
For today’s challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs are giving away a Susan’s Garden Prize Pack which includes: Garden Notes Square Window & Flower Box, Sunflower 2 and an All Metal Tool Kit to 3 winners.
We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing
The winners will be announced on Friday, July 14 on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.
For this challenge I have chosen one of Susan’s newly released dies – Garden Notes Dahlia. I love making the Dahlia as they come in so many different colors.
Card base is 5″ X 7″ – cut white Soft Finish Cardstock 7″ X 10″ score at 5″ fold on score line.
Cut patterned paper (yellow here) 6-3/4″ X 4-3/4″ adhere to card front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
Cut white Soft Finish Cardstock 6-1/4″ X 4-1/4″ adhere to card front.
Cut black shiny cardstock 3-3/4″ X 5-3/4″ adhere to card front.
Cut white Soft Finish Cardstock 4″ X 10″ adhere Clear Double Sided Adhesive to the back of cardstock. Using Suzanne Cannon’s Sending Hugs Kisses die set cut Sending Hugs twice and cut 4 corners using Els van de Burgt Studio Corners 1 die set. Adhere corners to black shiny cardstock. Adhere the 2 sets of words together to give more dimension adhere to card front.
Create Dahlia by using white Soft Finish Cardstock cutting each petal twice except for smallest petal and center cut them once. Shade center of all using yellow PanPastels Set 3. Shape petals assemble using Kids Choice Glue off setting each layer a little. (Susan has stepped this out on her blog stierneyc.wordpress.com . Cut several leaves from green cardstock shade and shape. Attach Dahlia and leaves to card front using Kids Choice Glue.
Hope you have enjoyed my project today and until next time – Happy Crafting!
Hello thanks for stopping by my blog. My post today is a card designed using one of Susan’s Garden new releases at Elizabeth Craft Designs. I think you could call it “simple but elegant”.
Here is how it was made.
Card base is 4-1/4″ by 5-1/2″ made from white Soft Finish Cardstock.
From black shiny cardstock (also could use Shimmer Sheetz I was just trying to use up some of my scraps) die cut Joset Designs Diamond Background attach to card front using Kids Choice Glue.
Make 2 Garden Notes Dahlias from pink cardstock cutting each petal twice except the smallest and the center piece which you just cut once. Using loop tool lay pieces face down on molding mat and pull tool down through petals then hold each petal with fine point tweezers (found in Susan’s Garden 4 pc. Tool Kit) pinch each petal down around tweezers. Assemble flowers using Kids Choice Glue stacking from largest to smallest off setting each layer of petals slightly. Cut stems and leaves from green cardstock shade and shape. Attach Dahlias to card front using Kids Choice Glue.
Using ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail (3rd smallest) from black shinny cardstock then from white Soft Finish Cardstock cut 2nd smallest ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail. Attach white to black using Clear Double Sided Adhesive cut length to fit card. Stamp Happy Birthday from Joset Designs General Sentiments Stamp set using black ink. Attach to card front using dimensional tape.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
Black shiny cardstock
Pink & Green cardstock
I do hope you have enjoyed my tutorial today. Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs to see all their great products.
Until next time – Happy Crafting!