Welcome all to my blog. Today I am posting a card that I designed for Susan’s Garden Design Team and is posted on Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. Check out their blog for full tutorial for card.
Hello Crafty Friends,
Today I am posting a card I made for one of my sweet rug hooking friends who is a tea drinker. The background technique I cased from Lauri Coons – Stampin Friends when I saw her post on Facebook I just had to try it. This is my second card I have done using this back ground and of course by changing colors and embossing folders they will look very different.
Here is how the card was made starting with a 5-1/2″ X 4-1/4″ tent fold card base.
- Using 1-3/4″ punch (can also die cut Elizabeth Craft Designs has fitted circles smallest is 1-1/2″ and next size is 2″ which is what I would recommend and put clear double sided adhesive on back of cardstock before cutting as it will be easier to arrange pieces ) cut 2 circles from 6 different colors of cardstock. Cut each circle into fourths and then emboss with embossing folder or folders of your choice. (be sure to cut before embossing). Add adhesive to back of pieces using a Xyon sticker maker if you have punched your circles. Arrange on card front.
- Cut 1 piece of cardstock 5-1/4″ X 4 ink edges Vintage Photo Distress Ink used here. Adhere to inside of card.
- From white cardstock cut cup and saucer using Karen Burniston’s Cup Pop Up die set. Using green ink and stencil decorate cup and saucer (this stencil just happened to be close at hand but Elizabeth Craft Designs has stencil and stamp set that coordinates with this die set which I didn’t have at time card was made but since have purchased both). Using Karen’s video as guidance on creating cup and saucer pop up video can be found here.
- Using Els van de Burgt Studios Ribbons 1 die set cut 2 ribbons from green cardstock and adhere to card.
- Using Close To My Heart March Stamp of the Month stamp tea cup on yellow cardstock and fussy cut out (you could also die cut another cup using Karen’s die set it is a little bigger but should work fine). Stamp sentiment onto tea cup adhere to card front using dimensional tape. Stamp the tea bag tag, color heart, punch small hole then add string and adhere to back side of cup by handle.
- From Silver cardstock cut 2 spoons adhere together. Using ball tool shape bowl of spoon then adhere to card.
- Stamp sentiment inside of card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies Used
Soft Finish White Cardstock
Karen Burniston Cup Pop Up Stand
Els van de Burgt Studio Ribbons 1
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Kids Choice Glue
Other Supplies Used
Cardstock – yellow, green, red, dk blue, purple, silver and orange
Ink – Green & Black
Punch – 1-3/4″
Close to My Heart Stamp Set – March Stamp of the Month Tea-rrific
Xyron 1.5″ Create A Sticker
Thank you for stopping by todayand hope that you will make your own card for a friend!
Until next time – Happy Crafting.